avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Primitive and composite patterns
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:31:02 GMT
At 12:59  27/2/01 -0800, Federico Barbieri wrote:
>I meant tomcat is a Component viewed from the kernel since implements
>Block. But its a container of servlets. Now servlet are not Component
>but still Tomcat should be a Container... that's way Container shouldn't
>be Component container.

okay - I don't thikn it is any more. Entry's contain Objects rather than
Components and thus can follow any design pattern from
EJB/servlet/mailet/Portlet/other.

>> It does in the long run - but now is not the time to do it I don't think.
>> We haven't road tested camelot enough for it to be viable in alternate
>> contexts. Once we see it tested out in a few other places then it may be
>> something we could consider. We could break it down into
>> install/deploy/container/info/registry sections. Of course this will be
>> more further defined after use ;)
>
>have a look and tell me... I think that separation make things clearer.

Perhaps - I don't see it though because most of them are used together. I
would separate out "AvalonState" but no others ;)

BTW could you use specific imports instead of glob imports. Especially in
the proposal. The reason is that it makes it easy to refactor - you can
search and replace the appropriate strings but with import globbing you
actually have to think ;)

Cheers,

Pete