avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject CVS Karma?
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:52:00 GMT
Hi,

I would like to propose a flattening of CVS karmas between our projects
(james/avalon). What this would mean is that if you have commit access to
avalon you have commit access to james and vice versa. The reason for this
is that it would encourage us to have more interaction.

It would also help us avoid incompatabilities. For example I know that in
the next release of Avalon I am going to change things that will break
james. With a flattening of permissions I could go in with a preemptive
strike and update James so that the anoying gump messages don't scream
"James is broken" each day ;) Likewise if you find a bug in the pooling
code or connection manager you can go direct to the source and fix it. As
we are dealing with CVS we will always be able to revert it if it is wrong.

I would also like to propose that the developers in alexandria/gump be
given access to the CVS repositories. They are working on a system that
automagically generates documentation across the projects and does dailys
builds and in the future hopefully unit testing. Giving them access would
allow them to quickly change bugs that crop up in our build processes that
are simple to fix. We can always revert a change if it is bad.

Votes/Comments?

Cheers,

Pete