avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Steuck <greg-avalon-apps-...@nest.cx>
Subject Re: socket connection disappears
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:55:27 GMT
Is that the Jabaserver from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabaserver/
we are discussing here?

    Ed> Greg, Thanks for the suggestion.  My implementation of the
    Ed> ConnectionHandler does not perform a disconnect or socket
    Ed> close().  I understood you to be saying that it should not.

This is correct.
org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.connection.ConnectionRunner will
close the socket for you after your ConnectionHandler.handleConnection()
exited.

    Ed> Your suggestion did cause me to look into the application
    Ed> listener that i needed to implement as part of the port to the
    Ed> newer Avalon since it is being called by the FW to instantiate
    Ed> the ConnectionHandler.  I discovered that the FW is calling the
    Ed> ReleaseConnectionHandler method implemented by the application
    Ed> listener.

    Ed> What I don't understand is why it is doing so when the handler
    Ed> is in the middle of parsing and emitting xml messages over the
    Ed> socket.

Check out the cornerstone version your are using. I don't see how this
can be possible with current code in CVS.

    Ed>  Does anyone have suggestions on how I need to regulate
    Ed> the AutoPublisher so that it does not pre-maturely release the
    Ed> connection handler?

I must be missing something, could you explain how publishing is
pertinent to the problem you are seeing? I don't see any connection
between DefaultConnectionManager and AutoPublisher.

Thanks
Greg