avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From "Ed Coughlin" <ecough...@gollaborate.com>
Subject Re: socket connection disappears
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:38:02 GMT
Hi,

> Is that the Jabaserver from http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabaserver/
> we are discussing here?

Yes, it is the jabaserver from sourceforge.

> Check out the cornerstone version your are using. I don't see how this
> can be possible with current code in CVS.

Well, glad you asked that question.  I went looking for a recent download of
cornestone and couldn't locate anything at
http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/cornerstone/  .  But I downloaded the demo
.07 version from the application area under avalon and noticed a
cornerstone.jar with class files date stamped 10/5/2002 which looked pretty
recent :).  Not the way i like to do things.  Do you have a cvs command
string for downloading a recent version?  I'd love to get it.

>     Ed>  Does anyone have suggestions on how I need to regulate
>     Ed> the AutoPublisher so that it does not pre-maturely release the
>     Ed> connection handler?
>
> I must be missing something, could you explain how publishing is
> pertinent to the problem you are seeing? I don't see any connection
> between DefaultConnectionManager and AutoPublisher.

The AutoPublisher came into the picture when I studied the altrmidemo
assembly.xml and noted that it was using the AutoPublisher as the class for
the application listener.  I relied on the demo as the reference
implementation of the new version of avalon/pheonix.  Perhaps that was not a
good idea but I wasn't able to find a good example of a connection and
thread manager implementation elsewhere.  I believe I attempted to swap the
AutoPublisher class with the actual reference to the jabaserver application
listener class without obtaining different results.  But I will try again.
Also, I embedded the actual assembly.xml and config.xml in the last email if
you have a chance to review it.  It sounds like I might have made some
obvious mistakes that you would pick up on.

I'll let you know how that test works and again I appreciate your
assistance.  If I can obtain a copy of the code I'll be better able to
understand how things are working under the hood.

Thanks
Ed

<mailto:avalon-apps-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>