avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerald E. Bennett" <mrar...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Help with loading classes from an extrenal Jar source.
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:53:08 GMT
Problem Statement: I am having problems loading classes from an external
jar file other than those provided in my .sar file.

I am attempting to use phoenix to create a test framework. Phoenix will
be used to allow Remote Method Invocation of Test Cases. Now when I run
my program locally it loads a jar file and then gets a handle to the
class and finally specific methods in the class and then executes these
methods.

When I run remotely using phoenix app that I have build I am having some
problems loading specific sub classes that the Test Class extends. I
know they are available but somehow my class loader can not find them.

In phoenix are their some special tricks to get access to certain
classes that are part of the .sar application itself?

The app's class loader loads a jar file and then needs to get to a test
class which extends a class that is available in the sar itself.

I am not sure if there a specific class loader service that phoenix uses
and that I can use, as stand alone and as part of a phoenix-app ?

Thanks

PS The JarClassLoader implementation that I am using is similar to that
created by by John D. Mitchell
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip70.html