avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From kevin.s.rul...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: [InfoMover] Implementing the Façade Block
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:53:17 GMT

> You should be able to execture it using te following commands:
>
>     $ cd <your merlin directory>
>     $ merlin src\etc\infomover.xml
>
> Let me know asap if there are any probems (if there are it will be
> requirement for the addition of .xtype descriptors to the
> infobuild.jar
> file - but I don't think this is necessaty).

Hi everyone,

I refreshed both jakarta-avalon-apps and jakarta-avalon-excalibur last
night.  Built both.

I copied both the infomover.jar and infomover.sar (I think the sar is
the important one) to jakarta-avalon-excalibur/assembly/extensions.

Then ran 'merlin src/etc/infomover.xml'.

Unfortunately, complained heavily.  Below is the top portion of the
output.  If you want more, I can send it.

I wish I knew enough to figure this out myself, but I'm afraid I don't.

Kevin

[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): creating manager 'infomover'
15885829 with parent: 16695559 [WARN   ] (cornerstone): Ignoring
component declaration at null:128:29 due to unknown type:
org.apache.infomover.connection.impl.ConnectionManagerImpl [DEBUG  ]
(cornerstone.infomover): assembly [DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover):
profile assembly (1) [ERROR  ] (cornerstone.infomover.loader.assembly):
  No solution for the dependency:
org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager/1.0.0 in profile:
Profile name: job-manager, type: null, mode: EXPLICIT, for the role:
org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager [ERROR  ]
(cornerstone.loader.lifecycle): Component named
"/cornerstone/infomover" failed to pass through the Extension-CREATE
stage. (Reason: org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.AssemblyException:
Assembly failure. Errors: 0). [ERROR  ] (cornerstone): Container
disposal triggered by abnormal condition.
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.ContainerException: Unexpected
error during container execution. 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.run(DefaultContai
ner.java:330) 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536) Caused by:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleException: Component
named "/cornerstone/infomover" failed to pass through the
Extension-CREATE stage. (Reason:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.AssemblyException: Assembly
failure. Errors: 0). 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelpe
r.java:375) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:196) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.AbstractLifestyleHandler.createInst
ance(AbstractLifestyleHandler.java:253) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.SingletonLifestyleHandler.get(Singl
etonLifestyleHandler.java:70) rethrown from
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleException: Component
named "/cornerstone/infomover" failed to pass through the
Extension-CREATE stage. (Reason:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.AssemblyException: Assembly
failure. Errors: 0). 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelpe
r.java:375) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:196) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.AbstractLifestyleHandler.createInst
ance(AbstractLifestyleHandler.java:253) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.SingletonLifestyleHandler.get(Singl
etonLifestyleHandler.java:70) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.DefaultResource.access(DefaultResou
rce.java:124) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.handleInitialize(
DefaultContainer.java:368) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.run(DefaultContai
ner.java:289) rethrown from
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.AssemblyException: Assembly
failure. Errors: 0 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.assemble(DefaultC
ontainer.java:233) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.StructuralExtension.create(Structu
ralExtension.java:35) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
n(LifecycleHelper.java:305) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
ns(LifecycleHelper.java:290) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:171) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.AbstractLifestyleHandler.createInst
ance(AbstractLifestyleHandler.java:253) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.SingletonLifestyleHandler.get(Singl
etonLifestyleHandler.java:70) rethrown from
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.UnresolvedProviderException:
Unable to resolve a provider for the dependency
'org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager/1.0.0' for the role:
org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager Errors: 0 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ProfileRegistry.assembleProfile(Pro
fileRegistry.java:224) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ProfileRegistry.assemble(ProfileReg
istry.java:135) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ContainerManager.install(ContainerM
anager.java:948) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ContainerManager.install(ContainerM
anager.java:927) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.assemble(DefaultC
ontainer.java:228) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.StructuralExtension.create(Structu
ralExtension.java:35) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
n(LifecycleHelper.java:305) rethrown from java.lang.Exception: No
solution for the dependency:
org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager/1.0.0 in profile:
Profile name: job-manager, type: null, mode: EXPLICIT, for the role:
org.apache.infomover.connection.ConnectionManager 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ProfileRegistry.assembleProfile(Pro
fileRegistry.java:223) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ProfileRegistry.assemble(ProfileReg
istry.java:135) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ContainerManager.install(ContainerM
anager.java:948) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.ContainerManager.install(ContainerM
anager.java:927) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.assemble(DefaultC
ontainer.java:228) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.StructuralExtension.create(Structu
ralExtension.java:35) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
n(LifecycleHelper.java:305) [ERROR  ] (cornerstone.loader.lifecycle):
Component named "/cornerstone/cornerstone" failed to pass through the
Initialization stage. (Reason:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.ContainerException:
Initialization failure.). Controller deployment failure.
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.ControllerException: Kernel establishment
failure. 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.DefaultController.initialize(DefaultControll
er.java:203) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.Main.main(Main.java:140) Caused by:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.kernel.KernelException: kernel
establishment failure 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.kernel.DefaultKernel.initialize(DefaultKerne
l.java:432) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.DefaultController.initialize(DefaultControll
er.java:198) 	... 1 more Caused by:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleException: Component
named "/cornerstone/cornerstone" failed to pass through the
Initialization stage. (Reason:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.ContainerException:
Initialization failure.). 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.fail(LifecycleHelpe
r.java:375) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:196) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.AbstractLifestyleHandler.createInst
ance(AbstractLifestyleHandler.java:253) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.SingletonLifestyleHandler.get(Singl
etonLifestyleHandler.java:70) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.DefaultResource.access(DefaultResou
rce.java:124) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.kernel.DefaultKernel.initialize(DefaultKerne
l.java:425) 	... 2 more Caused by:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.ContainerException:
Initialization failure. 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.initialize(Defaul
tContainer.java:268) 	at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Container
Util.java:235) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:178) 	... 6 more Caused by:
[...]
ner.java:289) 	... 1 more Caused by:
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.assembly.AssemblyException: Assembly
failure. Errors: 0 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.DefaultContainer.assemble(DefaultC
ontainer.java:233) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.container.StructuralExtension.create(Structu
ralExtension.java:35) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
n(LifecycleHelper.java:305) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.handleStageExtensio
ns(LifecycleHelper.java:290) 	at
org.apache.excalibur.merlin.resource.LifecycleHelper.startup(LifecycleHe
lper.java:171) 	... 6 more Caused by: