avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [InfoMover] Implementing the Façade Block
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:19:28 GMT

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]

>>> which I am not

>>> hear any

>>> I'm just doing a checkout - I'll take a look and see if we can't run
>>> it up in Merlin.
>>>

>> Ok.  It does not have the Component interface (on purpose) so
>> I would like to keep that from the InfoMover stuff.
>>

> No problem - Merlin handles both CM and SM based components - nothing
> special needed.  I'll go ahead and put something together and post an
> update when I have something.

>>> I've been thinking recently what the term "test-container"
>>> would/could imply ....
>>>

>> Sounds good.
>>
>> So far what the Excalibur Test Framework provides is:
>>
>> * Logging setup--to the "test" category
>> * Context setup (by prepopulating values)
>> * Configuration
>>

> You get all of the above for freee just runnning the compoent in a
> container (plus all the other stuff - depedencies, extensions, etc.).
> What I was thinking of was something like integration of Junit test
> functionality into a container - but its just an random thought -
> don;t know Junit sufficiently to know if this is something that makes
> sence - but what would make sence is launching a container containing
> server and client compoenents and have a special test container go
> though  and automate the execution of tests of container components -
> i.e. stat the server component, stat the cleient components, launch
> test actions.
>
> Etc....
>
> Anyway, back to you stuff !

How does this look ?

[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): creating manager 'infomover' 1691809
with parent: 8087689
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): assembly
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): profile assembly (2)
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): initialization
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): subsidiary container creation
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): initialization complete
[INFO   ] (cornerstone): start: sockets
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): startup initiated
[INFO   ] (cornerstone.infomover): start: [threads#19475750],
[connections#21866740], [sockets], connections, [null#17764792], job-manager
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.connections): Get required Services ...
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.connections): ... Got  SocketManager ...
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.connections): ... Got ConnectionManager ...
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.job-manager): Getting required services...
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.job-manager): ... got TimeScheduler ...
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover.job-manager): ... got ConnectionManager
... done.
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): container startup complete
[DEBUG  ] (cornerstone.infomover): startup complete

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL