avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [InfoMover] Implementing the Façade Block
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:33:52 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>

>>>The Façade block is finished--although it needs testing,
>>>

>>which I am not
>>

>>>sure how to do at the moment.  I will definitely be happy to
>>>

>>hear any
>>

>>>suggestions!
>>>

>>I'm just doing a checkout - I'll take a look and see if we
>>can't run it
>>up in Merlin.
>>

>Ok.  It does not have the Component interface (on purpose) so
>I would like to keep that from the InfoMover stuff.

No problem - Merlin handles both CM and SM based components - nothing
special needed.  I'll go ahead and put something together and post an
update when I have something.

>>>We need something like the Excalibur test framework, but that works
>>>with Phoenix level components.
>>>

>>I've been thinking recently what the term "test-container"
>>would/could
>>imply ....
>>

>Sounds good.
>
>So far what the Excalibur Test Framework provides is:
>
>* Logging setup--to the "test" category
>* Context setup (by prepopulating values)
>* Configuration

You get all of the above for freee just runnning the compoent in a
container (plus all the other stuff - depedencies, extensions, etc.).
 What I was thinking of was something like integration of Junit test
functionality into a container - but its just an random thought - don;t
know Junit sufficiently to know if this is something that makes sence -
but what would make sence is launching a container containing server and
client compoenents and have a special test container go though  and
automate the execution of tests of container components - i.e. stat the
server component, stat the cleient components, launch test actions.

Etc....

Anyway, back to you stuff !

Steve.

>--