avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposed interfaces for InfoMover
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:38:23 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> What did you think about the Morphos proposal?
>
> My spin is that I want to document creating components, and
> have an easy to use system without adding too many dependencies.
> I would have to document the Morphos system as well, which I
> am not prepared to do at this time.  I think it would be perfectly
> valid after we cut the Version 1 ( aka book version ), but
> until then I need to keep the system really simple.

I'm ready to change the Morphos interface completely, but would really
like to have, if not the same interface, at least the same signatures
for now, so that in the future we can make Infomover an overstructure
with regards to Morphos.

I want to keep the interfaces as simple too, and as you see the
Morphos interfaces are as simple as they can be.

If you think that the current Infomover Manipulator, Input and Output
methods are better than the Morphos ones, please let me know, because
it's important that I get them right, and your knowledge and insight
would be really helpful :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -