avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klotz <pkl...@iconet.wn.bawue.de>
Subject Re: MX4j components (2)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:42:07 GMT
Hi Paul,

thanks for the tips it is working now except that I can't connect via
the HTTPAdapter on the configured port 8082 for some reason.

But another question, This way the MBeanServer is part of the kernel and
also configured in kernel.xml and not available as a block for other
components. Not let's say I want to create other components that want to
publish MBeans via this MBeanServer how would I use it?
Wouldn't it be possible to realize the MX4J server as a standard block
in "user-space"? One could also realize the adapters as their own
components so that one could chose whether to use a HTTP, RMI or other
adapter just in the assembly.xml.

Peter