avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: InfoMover Interfaces: the Proposals
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2002 02:40:25 GMT
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 04:18, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> ---------------- From Me (Third Version) --------------
>
> interface Input
> {
>     Transaction getNextTransaction();
> }
>
> interface Output
> {
>     Response process( Transaction trans );
> }
>
> interface Manipulator
> {
>     Transaction manipulate( Transaction trans );
> }

+1

Essentially makes it event driven and the controller that drives this has a
lot more control, the objects are largely reactive etc.

It is great if you want to massively scale but possibly a little harder to
write initially (though I find even style programs easier to write so I find
this easier ;)

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald