avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MX4j components (2)
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 01:22:42 GMT
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 07:42, Peter Klotz wrote:
> Wouldn't it be possible to realize the MX4J server as a standard block
> in "user-space"? One could also realize the adapters as their own
> components so that one could chose whether to use a HTTP, RMI or other
> adapter just in the assembly.xml.

That has been our plan all along. However until recently we have not yet had a
good idea how to do it. However recently in discussions about metainfo we
have thought and figured out ways in which to do this. Basically we have a
block declare context dependency on MBeanServer, and then the block aquires
the MBeanServer from the context. However this is not possible yet. I have
some spare time on Sunday so may have a bash at it.

--
Cheers,