avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [InfoMover] Implementing the Façade Block
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:38:08 GMT
I want to provide a façade service that simplifies the process of
pulling
information from connections.  Essentially, I am simplifying the process
of getting a valid Socket from a port we are listening on.

Instead of directly using the ConnectionManager and the SocketManager, I
want to encapsulate all that within another Block--a façade so to speak.
I want the façade to allow me to experiment with non-blocking sockets
without forcing me into a particular way of working with things.

What I would like to have happen is something like this:

package org.apache.infomover.connection;

// skipping imports for clarity

interface ConnectionManager
{
    void registerListener( ConnectionDescriptor descriptor );
}

interface ConnectionListener
{
    // I plan on having non-blocking stream wrappers eventually...
    void connection( InputStream is, OutputStream os );
}

class ConnectionDescriptor
{
    public int port;