avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [InfoMover] Initial Set of Requirements
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:52:33 GMT
If you can commit to helping out, contact me off the list, and I can
give
you a more complete set.  However, this is what InfoMover needs to get
1.0 status (after which it has its own life):

* Use of a Fa├žade Component for the ConnectionManager (done--needs
testing)
* JobManager
   - Allows Job Dependency resolution, and recursive dependency
detection.
     + I have something like that from an older system, if you have any
       questions I can answer them.
   - One sub-container per Job.  All associated processing components
are
     in that sub-container.  All database connections are described at a
     more global level.
* Job Descriptor
  - Expressed as a Configuration
  - Must have one Input, one Output, and 0 or more Manipulators.
* Input && Output
  - Database (JDBC) Input
  - Delimited Format (pipe, comma, etc.)
    + field delimiter
    + EOR delimiter == EOL character
    + escape character (escapes itself and field delimiter)
  - CSV Format
  - XML Format
    + allows for one (1) XSLT stylesheet to be processed against the
      incomming/outgoing XML
    + follows DTD I can publish to the list when we need it.
  - All stream based formats (XML/CSV/Delimited) use SourceResolver
    to get the input stream, and a special protocol for the incomming
    stream (something like "infomover://connection" should work).
* Manipulator
  - Validation component
    + determines if values are missing
    + determines if values are illegal (i.e. not in an enumerated list
of
      possibilities)
  - Normalizing component
    + Takes a range of fields like "Y|N|Y|Y|N" and converts it to a set
of
      records "IMG=Y" "DNA=N" "FOO=Y" BAR="Y" "VAL=N"
  - Denormalizing component
    + Takes a set of records like "IMG=Y" "DNA=N" "FOO=Y" BAR="Y"
"VAL=N"
      and converts it to a range of fields like "Y|N|Y|Y|N".

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin