avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject JCrontab 1.0RC
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 06:51:30 GMT
Folks,

A block wrapper for this would be cool, if anyne has the interest and
time....

<snipped from CafeAuLait>

Israel Olalla's open source Jcrontab 1.0RC
<http://jcrontab.sourceforge.net/index.shtml> implements a cron system
in Java. "The classes are be fully embeddable and could be used in any
project. It provides a servlet to be integrated with app-servers
(Tomcat, resin, Jetty, etc.) with a load-on-startup servlet. It reads
and stores the crontab table from a file but is designed to include EJB
and any other DataSource. It includes a minimal Web interface, and is
written to get maximum efficience and performance." Jcrontab is
published under the LGPL.

--

 From our point of view, we'd not be so interested in the launching
"Classes/Threads/main/EJB/Methods/NativePrograms" at particular times.

- Paul