avalon-apps-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Gumpify Cornerstone apps
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:04:30 GMT
Peter,

>On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 20:37, Paul Hammant wrote:
>
>>OK lets propose that say Tuesday 10am GMT/UTC is when we move file from
>>cornerstone to apps.  Stephen may be able to finish to a certain level
>>by then.   America will still be in bed, and both you and I will be out
>>of bed (in theory).  You or I do the move <cough/>.  I tidy up build
>>scripts and dependancies afterwards.
>>
>>What do you think?  Or is there a better time for you ?
>>

>Its fine with me. But instead you could just do it incrementally. Copy across
>ftpserver now and get it building. When its all good - delete it from main
>cornerstone CVS. Repeat for other projects ;)

It was human liason I was most interested in, but yes ftpserver is
fairly damage free as nobody has pending changes for that.

>One thing though I would like some discussion on directory layout and build
>process.

I was thinking - just like commons - one module per app.  Each has a
build.xml file, usual src/java/ tree, and does not share anything with
other apps or relatively with other respositories.  If cornerstone.jar
is needed it is copied into lib/     Your thoughts?

- Paul