aurora-reviews mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aurora ReviewBot" <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Review Request 41391: Disable task caching for the generateBuildProperties task.
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 05:04:13 GMT

-----------------------------------------------------------
This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
https://reviews.apache.org/r/41391/#review110408
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ship it!


Master (f91ecd1) is green with this patch.
  ./build-support/jenkins/build.sh

I will refresh this build result if you post a review containing "@ReviewBot retry"

- Aurora ReviewBot


On Dec. 15, 2015, 4:44 a.m., Bill Farner wrote:
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> This is an automatically generated e-mail. To reply, visit:
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/41391/
> -----------------------------------------------------------
> 
> (Updated Dec. 15, 2015, 4:44 a.m.)
> 
> 
> Review request for Aurora, Joe Smith and Zameer Manji.
> 
> 
> Repository: aurora
> 
> 
> Description
> -------
> 
> I noticed this task was consistently taking a long time to run.  Turns out it was doing
a heck of a lot of file checksumming since the repo root was tagged as an input.  There's
not much benefit to caching this task, so i've disabled it.  Builds are now _much_ faster
for me.
> 
> ```
> :generateBuildProperties
> Executing task ':generateBuildProperties' (up-to-date check took 1 mins 37.78 secs) due
to:
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/taskArtifacts.bin has
changed.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/fileHashes.bin has changed.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/cache.properties.lock
has changed.
> ```
> 
> ```
> :generateBuildProperties
> Executing task ':generateBuildProperties' (up-to-date check took 29.433 secs) due to:
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/taskArtifacts.bin has
changed.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/fileHashes.bin has changed.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/cache.properties.lock
has changed.
> ```
> 
> ```
> :generateBuildProperties
> Executing task ':generateBuildProperties' (up-to-date check took 58.09 secs) due to:
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/.gradle/2.7/taskArtifacts/taskArtifacts.bin has
changed.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/aurora.iml has been added.
>   Input file /Users/bill/code/aurora/aurora.ipr has been added.
> ```
> 
> 
> Diffs
> -----
> 
>   build.gradle cb3c45bf25bd22884302c4b525daf840c873fd7c 
> 
> Diff: https://reviews.apache.org/r/41391/diff/
> 
> 
> Testing
> -------
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> Bill Farner
> 
>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message