aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Jordan Ly <jordan....@gmail.com>
Subject Reducing Failover Time by Eagerly Reading/Replaying Log in Followers
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2017 16:51:51 GMT
Hello everyone!

I've created a document with an initial proposal to reduce leader
failover time by eagerly reading and replaying the replicated log in
followers:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10SYOq0ehLMFKQ9rX2TGC_xpM--GBnstzMFP-tXGQaVI/edit?usp=sharing

We wanted to open up this topic for discussion with the community and
see if anyone had any alternate opinions or recommendations before
starting the work.

If this solution seems reasonable, we will write and release a design
document for a more formal discussion and review.

Please feel free to comment on the doc, or let me know if you have any concerns.

-Jordan