aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Renan DelValle <rdelv...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Re: Adding support for Mesos' Kill Policy when running docker executor-less tasks.
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 19:18:48 GMT
I think adding the kill policy to the Thrift API is fine. For the first
pass, I don't think it's a big deal to just keep it as a feature in the
Thrift API.

However, we should also have a discussion on how we should integrate the
increasing number of Thrift APIs missing from the main Aurora client. (Mea
culpa: I'm probably one of the guiltiest parties of neglecting this aspect.)

Now that AURORA-1288 has shipped, we should consider reviving discussion on
John's patch and even extending it.

Additional planning is definitely needed IF we plan to integrate (off the
top of my head):
* Custom Executors (At least rudimentary support, i.e.: Name + Data blob,
and also include the command-executor)
* Executor-less docker containers
* URI Fetcher
* Kill Policy