aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Re: Supporting the mesos HTTP executor API
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 07:22:32 GMT
The HTTP executor API sounds interesting and I would like to see it land in Aurora one day.

As of today, I see two major hurdles with the libmesos dependency of the executor:

a) Users have to ship Mesos dependencies within their Docker images
b) We need to build and upload the libmesos eggs whenever we want to upgrade to a new Mesos
version

Fortunately, even without the HTTP API, issue a) will be addressed by the upcoming universal
containerizer support in Aurora. The executor will be running within the host filesystem rather
than within the container filesystem.