aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Renan DelValle <rdelv...@binghamton.edu>
Subject Golang Aurora lib, multiple executor support, integrate mesos task related fields
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 21:21:09 GMT
Hello all,

I'd like to (re-)introduce myself. My name's Renan DelValle and I've had
the pleasure of being part of the Aurora community for the last year or so.

Last year I worked to allow Aurora to utilize custom executors. With the
help from Bill Farner, Kevin Sweeney, and Joshua Cohen, that feature became
a reality and made into Aurora late last year. (Also got to show an early
beta at MesosCon!)

For this year's summer, I have some new goals which I invite anyone to
provide input on.

1. Create a Golang library that works as an alternative to Aurora's Python
client and Pystachio. The initial goal of this library is to support the
most critical job related Thrift API's. (Admin operations can continue to
be done from the Aurora CLI). Since we support custom executors, we need a
way that's not so tied to thermos (as Pystachio is) to send jobs
configurations to Aurora (and by extension the custom executor).

2. Create support for using multiple executors within a single Aurora
scheduler instance. As of right now, only a single executor can exist for
each Aurora scheduler instance. The idea is to allow the Aurora scheduler
to support multiple executors such that they can be used alongside one
another, providing flexibility for running jobs.

3. I'd like to add support for some first class Mesos task related fields.
These would be optional and/or have defaults so that the regular Aurora CLI
does not break. One of the examples I'm interested in integrating is the
Mesos Fetcher so that resources can be downloaded into the sandbox that the
custom executor may need. (The executor path will never be exposed as this
will be defined serverside and be static).

If anyone has any feedback on these, I'd be very glad to hear it.

That's it for me for now, thanks!

-Renan