aurora-dev mailing list archives

From John Sirois <jsir...@apache.org>
Subject [FEEDBACK] Transitioning Aurora leader election to Apache Curator (`-zk_use_curator`)
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:43:41 GMT
I'd like to move forward with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1669 asap; ie: removing legacy
(Twitter) commons zookeeper libraries used for Aurora leader election in
favor of Apache Curator libraries. The change submitted in
https://reviews.apache.org/r/46286/ is now live in Aurora 0.14.0 and Apache
Curator based service discovery can be enabled with the Aurora scheduler
flag `-zk_use_curator`.  I'd like feedback from users who enable this
option.  If you have a test cluster where you can enable `-zk_use_curator`
and exercise leader failure and failover, I'd be grateful. If you have
moved to using this option in production with demonstrable improvements or
even maintenance of status quo, I'd also be grateful for this news. If
you've found regressions or new bugs, I'd love to know about those as well.

Thanks in advance to all those who find time to test this out on real
systems!