aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Shyam Patel <sham.pate...@gmail.com>
Subject Aurora performance impact with hourly query runs
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 23:34:17 GMT
Hi,

While running LnP testing, I’m spinning of 8K docker jobs. During the run, I ran into issue
where TaskStatUpdate and TaskReconciler queries taking real long times. During the time, Aurora
is pretty much freezing and at a point dying.  Also, tried the same run w/o the docker jobs
and faced the same issue.

Is there a way to keep the Aurora performance intact during the query runs ?

Here is snipped from log :

I0602 00:53:37.527 [TaskStatUpdaterService RUNNING, DbTaskStore:104] Query took 1243517 ms:
TaskQuery(owner:null, role:null, environment:null, jobName:null, taskIds:null, statuses:[STARTING,
THROTTLED, RUNNING, DRAINING, ASSIGNED, KILLING, RESTARTING, PENDING, PREEMPTING], instanceIds:null,
slaveHosts:null, jobKeys:null, offset:0, limit:0)

I0602 00:56:54.180 [TaskReconciler-0, DbTaskStore:104] Query took 1380169 ms: TaskQuery(owner:null,
role:null, environment:null, jobName:null, taskIds:null, statuses:[STARTING, RUNNING, DRAINING,
ASSIGNED, KILLING, RESTARTING, PREEMPTING], instanceIds:null, slaveHosts:null, jobKeys:null,
offset:0, limit:0)

Appreciate any insights..

Thanks,
Sham