aurora-dev mailing list archives

From meghdoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID
Subject Re: Golang Aurora lib, multiple executor support, integrate mesos task related fields
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:33:03 GMT
Got it. Thx Max.
Renan will starting working on 2 and 3, involving and updating you all.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 13, 2016, at 10:09 AM, Maxim Khutornenko <maxim@apache.org> wrote:
>
> David pinged me offline suggesting I misread the proposal for (2) as
> an attempt to support multiple executors per task rather than "per
> cluster". If that's the case, I am happy to change my vote for (2) to
> +1. I don't see much harm (aside from possible UI inconsistencies)
> from multiple executor types sharing the same cluster.
>
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 9:54 AM,  <meghdoot_b@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>> I will leave Renan for a detailed response.
>>
>> If aurora can schedule Job A with thermos and Job B that requires a different executor
that is a first class concept in mesos, why is there a objection? Renan's patch of replacing
thermos executor is already in aurora. However right now aurora can statically configure only
one executor. And so we want a job submission dynamically can call out the executor type.
>> Please clarify your views.
>> Right now the docker integration story in mesos is weak (current and also the new
universal containerizer). We see much value in using executors like
>> https://github.com/mesos/docker-compose-executor
>> With aurora jobs.
>>
>> Points 2 and points 3 make the custom executor story stronger. (For example we will
run both thermos and compose executor depending on job type)

>> Point 1, I agree. That is outside of aurora and most likely will be a shim on top
of generated go thrift bindings but a helper to easily test custom executors.
>> Last time when we reviewed with aurora team, it came out current aurora cli is tightly
coupled with thermos objects for jobs and hence keep it as is.

>> Thx
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jun 13, 2016, at 9:19 AM, Maxim Khutornenko <maxim@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am with Rick and David on this. The (1) and (2) feel like building a
>>> parallel universe within Aurora without a clear justification on the
>>> long-term benefits for the community.
>>>
>>> I am strong -1 on bringing yet another language into the Aurora
>>> ecosystem without identifying the strategic upside. As David
>>> suggested, any efforts towards building the first-class REST API
>>> instead would go a long way and will be much appreciated by everyone.
>>>
>>> I also don't see a reason to support multiple executors per task. That
>>> feels like re-creating thermos in a thermos-less world.
>>>
>>> As for (3), I'd like to see more details on the mechanics here but
>>> generally positive towards supporting more TaskInfo features in
>>> Aurora.

What is it about a go client that can't be done by extending the existing client?

With

Aurora's

Having

Thrift