aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Support GPU resources in Aurora
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2016 18:05:24 GMT

> There has been separate discussion around supporting arbitrary resources.
> Is it plausible to build that and get GPU support for free?

I am certainly open to generalizing internal resource management as much as
possible as I envision us adding more resource types in the future (e.g.
network as a bandwidth). That said, I was intending to stick with explicit
fields at the TaskConfig level. Are you suggesting going as far as
generalizing resource representation at the thrift level similar to how
Mesos handles it:
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/include/mesos/mesos.proto#L631?
That would require a much bigger effort and longer deprecation cycle but
I'd be happy to explore it as well.