aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are we ready to remove the observer?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:30:16 GMT
I'm -1 on this until we have an actual replacement for the Observer. I
think that the observer provides significant value outside of just sandbox
browsing:

1) Exporting task-level statistics.
2) Providing an easy view of a process's command-line
3) Providing a holistic view of the task config
4) Real time utilization stats

As a cluster operator, I use all of these features on a daily basis
(especially when I'm on call) in addition to sandbox browsing, so I don't
think that these uses cases are that rare.