aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Mauricio Garavaglia <mauriciogaravag...@gmail.com>
Subject experimental require_docker_use_executor
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:46:43 GMT
Hi!

I was happy to find the new require_docker_use_executor option included in
0.13. We have been using a similar hack
<https://github.com/medallia/aurora/commit/2280cf104d5601cc86c50b482f4631d31b08d640>
since a while and was a bit surprised to find something similar made
through upstream. What are the plans for this feature in the future?

Something extremelly useful would be able to specify the 'CMD' of a docker
image with an ENTRYPOINT, i.e. the args passed to the entrypoint.

This can be achieved by setting the CommandInfo Value here
<https://github.com/apache/aurora/commit/3806e626a244a9338d9040d4e7132e02deb5065e#diff-de7054c6a8ecbed836d6f4c49b2249d9R162>
and leaving the Shell attr to false, but the question is how do we get this
value. We were using the first process cmdline attribute, as a hack, but
would like to hear what are the plans. I'll be glad to implement it.

Mauricio