aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Switch aurora client from service discovery to HTTP redirects.
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 07:26:33 GMT
So, scheduler_uri would point to a domain name with multiple A-records?

We could probably also extend the interface to support a list of scheduler uris. That would
make an initial HA-setup simpler, as it would not require the DNS entries or a load balancer.
People could just use a list of IPs.
From: John Sirois <jsirois@apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 19:37
To: Joshua Cohen
Cc: dev@aurora.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Switch aurora client from service discovery to HTTP redirects.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Joshua Cohen <jcohen@apache.org> wrote:

> And apparently this is not part of our fork at all, the client already
> supports this today! The only potential change that would be required would
> be ensuring the client properly follows redirects.

Aha - yes.  Thank you!

Redirect follows are indeed not enabled on the requests calls today
explicitly, but they are enabled implicitly for all non-HEAD requests IIUC.

So I think there is a small amount of work to maybe test redirection
actually works and deprecate the service discovery codepath in before
removing support.
Since there is support for the idea in the codebase already and you've
indicated no objection I'll proceed to draw up some RBs.