aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling migrations if dbScript exists in snapshot?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 14:25:47 GMT
Flyway has a fairly well reasoned response to the downgrades question:
https://flywaydb.org/documentation/faq#downgrade

I think in the event that we have to rollback after applying a change like
you describe we'd either have to resort to a manual fix or restore from
backup. The other thing to keep in mind is that this problem is not solved
by rolling our own migration solution either.

Another option that may be worth considering is mybatis migrations:
http://www.mybatis.org/migrations/runtime-migration.html.