aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Rename NEWS to RELEASE-NOTES.md
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 20:27:47 GMT
Our NEWS file has turned into a useful source of information, but i think
the name doesn't clearly illustrate its purpose.  Since we have been
primarily using it to manage release notes, i propose we rename the file to
RELEASE-NOTES.md.

As the name implies, i also propose that we formally use markdown syntax.
This will make for more natural linking to other docs, and direct posting
to our blog at release time (this is currently a manual process,
translating NEWS to markdown).