aurora-dev mailing list archives

From John Sirois <jsir...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Seeking 0.13.0 release manager
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:39:35 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:02 PM, John Sirois <jsirois@apache.org> wrote:

> The main 0.12.0 release has just been made and docs/distributions will
> soon follow.
>
> Though we've barely begun work on it, I'd like to line up a release
> manager for 0.13.0.
> I'll be happy to help with pointers and advice.  I have a few document and
> script edits still to come to help smooth out the problem areas I ran into,
> so those should help as well.
>
> Please speak up if you're interested!

The 0.13.0 release still needs a release manager.

The 0.13.0 release will be focused again on catching up to mesos releases.
They are now voting on 0.28.0 and Aurora 0.13.0 will be upgrading to 0.27.0.
There are a few deprecations to manage and there may be more work coming in
from Maxim, Zameer and Co. optimizing the DB store performance further.

The release tickets for more details:
deprecations: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1585
backwards incompat changes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1586
rc: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1584

Once again, please speak up if you're interested!