aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher M Luciano" <cmluci...@us.ibm.com>
Subject aurora job scalability
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 14:12:15 GMT
 Hi all. It seems that we may be outgrowing Marathon. We have a problem with the amount of
application that we are using, causing us to not exactly be "compliant" with Marathon goals.
It seems that the unit for Aurora is a job+instance of that job. Does job map to a Marathon
application? If similar is there a known limitation to how many jobs one can have?

 What we discovered for Marathon more application+bigger env_vars = bigger zknode size and
we come dangerously close to hitting the 1 MB default of the zk zknode size. I'm wondering
if this type of a thing has potentially been fixed already in Aurora.

Christopher M Luciano

Staff Software Engineer, Platform Services

IBM Watson Core Technology