aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Re: Populate DiscoveryInfo in Mesos
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 20:42:00 GMT
I had a closer look at the Mesos documentation, and a design document might be unnecessary.
Most of the values are optional. We can therefore leave them out until we have a proper usecase
for them.

I left a couple of comments in the review request.
From: Zhitao Li <zhitaoli.cs@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 21:15
To: dev@aurora.apache.org
Subject: Re: Populate DiscoveryInfo in Mesos

Hi Stephan,

Sorry for the delay on follow up on this. I took a quick look at Aurora
code, and it's actually quite easy to pipe this information to Mesos (see
https://reviews.apache.org/r/45177/ for quick prototype).

I'll take a stab to see how I can get Mesos-DNS to work with this prototype.

IMO, if this is something the community is interested, the main questions
would be 1) how various fields would be mapped in different Aurora usages,
and 2) to which level should opt-in/opt-out configured for populating such
information.

I actually don't have too much insights on how these usage conventions
would be set (through command line of scheduler or job configuration?)

Do you think a design doc is the best action here, or a more involved
questionnaire about which fields would be useful for community, or what
value they should take?

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li