aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@apache.org>
Subject Deprecation Cycles
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 20:09:23 GMT
This came up briefly last week, and we also discussed in the IRC meeting
today. Given the increased release cadence, I think we would benefit from
moving from release-based deprecation to time-based. That is to say,
instead of deprecating in release X and removing release X+1, we would
deprecate in release X and remove no less than N later and at least M
releases later.

General consensus in the IRC meeting was in favor, however I wanted to
start a thread to discuss to gather additional feedback and if everyone is
in agreement, then we can solidify the actual details on what the new
deprecation policy should be.

Cheers,

Joshua