aurora-dev mailing list archives

From John Sirois <jsir...@apache.org>
Subject 0.12.0 RC status
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 14:52:04 GMT
Although the last blocker raised for the 0.12.0 RC series has been resolved
[1], it looks like resolution of several issues related to rolling back to
0.11.0 are required to cut the next RC:
1. "Scheduler fails to start after rollback":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1603
2. "Add a flag to disable the HTTP redirect to the leader":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1601
3. "Update recovery docs to reflect changes":
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1605

These issues fall into 2 classes:
Item 1 above needs to fix the immediate problem of rolling back to 0.11.0;
although there may be more changes to process, tooling and code to support
the problem better going forward.
Items 2 & 3 address tooling & procedure that support rollback.

It looks like Maxim has claimed item 1/AURORA-1603 and Joshua is working
item 2/AURORA-1601.  I assume one of Maxim, Joshua or Zameer will tackle
item 3/AURORA-1605 to update rollback docs with what they learned rolling
back.

If I have any of this wrong, please speak up; otherwise I'll be cutting the
next 0.12.0 RC3 when the above 3 issues are resolved.

[1] "Identity.role is still used in the UI leading to duplicate instances
on job page": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1604