aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Re: Further thoughts on config deprecations
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 07:55:41 GMT
Are you suggesting a tool that operates against a running Aurora cluster and performs a serverside
inspection? Or are you implying a tool that works on .aurora files?

I'd find the first one way more useful, as the latter one would suggest that you had to have
a monorepo with access to the all aurora configurations.

Cheers,
Stephan
From: John Sirois <john@conductant.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:42 AM
To: dev@aurora.apache.org
Subject: Re: Further thoughts on config deprecations

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Joshua Cohen <jcohen@apache.org> wrote:

> How would folks feel about requiring any changes that deprecate job config
> to include some sort of codemod[1]-like patch that would allow cluster
> operators to automatically fix deprecated fields across their company's
> Aurora configs?
>
> We could either leverage codemod directly, or create nicer tooling around
> it that supports applying arbitrary patches (along the lines of
> jscodeshift[2]).

I'd be really happy with a less ambitious step - a tool folks could run
that gave them warnings about things that were broken between their current
release and the targeted release - leaving fixes up to them, though
suggesting those fixes in console text - possibly with links out to longer
articles on the web for tougher fixes.

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301