aurora-dev mailing list archives

From John Sirois <j...@conductant.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.11.0 debs
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 18:34:59 GMT
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM, John Sirois <john@conductant.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM, John Sirois <john@conductant.com> wrote:
>
>> -1 non-binding
>>
>> Tested using new installing guide in Vagrant image using
>> 'ubuntu/trusty64' against mesos 0.24.1.
>> Everything worked after 2 tweaks:
>> 1. sudo apt-get install libcurl4-nss-dev
>> 2. $ diff /etc/init/thermos.conf.orig /etc/init/thermos.conf
>> 23a24
>> >     --mesos-root=/tmp/mesos \
>>
>> Without item 1 the thermos-executor fails to operate:
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "apache/aurora/executor/bin/thermos_executor_main.py", line 45, in
>> <module>
>>     from mesos.native import MesosExecutorDriver
>>   File
>> "/root/.pex/install/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg.c2a926cdb8d599d35c7a569171311edaebda9341/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/mesos/native/__init__.py",
>> line 17, in <module>
>>     from ._mesos import MesosExecutorDriverImpl
>> ImportError: libcurl-nss.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such
>> file or directory
>>
>> Seems like `libcurl4-nss-dev` should be a dependency of the
>> aurora-executor deb.
>>

> I guess libcurl is properly a dependency of mesos which just means the
> install guide rec to use the mesosphere mesos debs is suboptimal.  That
> said - aurora-executor and aurora-scheduler should really depend on mesos,
> but much of the install guide works around the fact these deps aren't
> expressed in the debs either.
> I think I'm realizing this means the current partial-working state of the
> debs is accepted as better than no debs ... so
>
> I change my vote to +1

Noting on Bill's behalf that he fixed up the installing docs to account for
the suboptimal mesosphere deb here: https://reviews.apache.org/r/42017/

This fully addresses my 1 concern and its a change in the aurora repo - not
aurora-packaging; so I re-vote a +1, now binding.

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301