aurora-dev mailing list archives

From "Erb, Stephan" <Stephan....@blue-yonder.com>
Subject Job-Aggregation
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 23:01:36 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed that a couple of people [1, 2] have independently talked about aggregating multiple
Aurora jobs to  'logical services'. Internally, we also do something similar. I am wondering
if there is a broader concept waiting to be discovered as an Aurora feature. As a kind of
related concept, Marathon does have its application groups [3] and Kubernetes its pods [4].

Does anyone have thoughts on this?   That's a pretty open ended question here, but would be
unfortunate if many Aurora users end up building a similar thing independently.

Regards,
Stephan

[1] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/aurora-user/201512.mbox/%3CCABwOPbetX_pA%3Dq8fUCWHB%2B9R1JdD8V4m_S6T2AVDvmwn36t4Cg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1052?focusedCommentId=15108936&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-15108936