aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ticket cleanup
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:26:06 GMT
I'm not sure I agree with this sentiment. I don't have any problems with an
aspirational backlog of tickets. At the very least it's a place to refer
people who request commonly asked for features. Perhaps the solution isn't
to close tickets that we don't imagine will see attention in the immediate
future, but rather to label them so they're easy to filter out from the
ones what will?

Also, in the future, perhaps have this discussion before closing tickets
en-masse? Especially over a holiday weekend when people aren't around to
discuss? It's not likely that first thing back from a long weekend many
folks are going to take time to scan read through a list of a hundred jira
emails to see if any of their pet issues were resolved ;).