aurora-dev mailing list archives

From John Sirois <j...@conductant.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.11.0 debs
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:23:30 GMT
On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 2:14 PM, John Sirois <john@conductant.com> wrote:

> -1 non-binding
>
> Tested using new installing guide in Vagrant image using 'ubuntu/trusty64'
> against mesos 0.24.1.
> Everything worked after 2 tweaks:
> 1. sudo apt-get install libcurl4-nss-dev
> 2. $ diff /etc/init/thermos.conf.orig /etc/init/thermos.conf
> 23a24
> >     --mesos-root=/tmp/mesos \
>
> Without item 1 the thermos-executor fails to operate:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "apache/aurora/executor/bin/thermos_executor_main.py", line 45, in
> <module>
>     from mesos.native import MesosExecutorDriver
>   File
> "/root/.pex/install/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg.c2a926cdb8d599d35c7a569171311edaebda9341/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/mesos/native/__init__.py",
> line 17, in <module>
>     from ._mesos import MesosExecutorDriverImpl
> ImportError: libcurl-nss.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory
>
> Seems like `libcurl4-nss-dev` should be a dependency of the
> aurora-executor deb.

I guess libcurl is properly a dependency of mesos which just means the
install guide rec to use the mesosphere mesos debs is suboptimal.  That
said - aurora-executor and aurora-scheduler should really depend on mesos,
but much of the install guide works around the fact these deps aren't
expressed in the debs either.
I think I'm realizing this means the current partial-working state of the
debs is accepted as better than no debs ... so

I change my vote to +1

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301