aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ticket cleanup
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:44:32 GMT

> I don't have any problems with an aspirational backlog of tickets.

I don't either, until they rot.  Many of the tickets i closed haven't been
touched in over a year, some nearly 2.  This doesn't always mean they're
invalid, but definitely means we don't care much about completing them.
Personally, i think we should move on from these tickets and reopen them if
we ever decide to revisit

Also, in the future, perhaps have this discussion before closing tickets
> en-masse?

I can see why that is frustrating.  I had an impromptu discussion with
Zameer prior to this, and in the past others have remarked on the
overwhelming nature of our queue; which prompted me to take action.  Not
consensus by any means, but i was assuming at the least i can undo my
changes.

In case it's helpful, here's a query that captures the tickets i closed
yesterday:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20AURORA%20and%20status%3DResolved%20and%20status%20changed%20by%20wfarner%20and%20updatedDate%3E%272015%2F12%2F27%27%20and%20updatedDate%3C%272015%2F12%2F28%27