aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Farner <wfar...@apache.org>
Subject Ticket cleanup
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:44:27 GMT
I'd like to share some rationale on my JIRA activity last night.  I'm happy
to undo any of the changes if folks disagree.

We had approximately 450 open tickets prior to last night.  Personally, I
found it daunting to find things we should actually work on.  To remedy
this, I started by skimming through tickets that have not been touched in
the last 6 months.  This quickly identified a swath of tickets that may be
valid, but I did not imagine them being valuable enough to address in the
foreseeable future.

If there is interest in doing more of this, I welcome help from others to
continue reducing the queue to something more manageable.  My culling
reduced the queue but it is still very large.

If you do participate in this, please try to avoid using "Resolved, Fixed"
so as to not add noise to the changelog in the next release.