aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Riccardo Poggi <riccardo.po...@cern.ch>
Subject Questions about Aurora scheduling policy
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 01:34:37 GMT
Hello,

In order to introduce Aurora into our distributed system we would like
to have it slowly, and hopefully transparently, replace what is
currently the process manger component. To do that it would have to
programmatically interface with other parts of the system that are, at
the moment, taking care of what it could be considered the "active"
orchestration.

I've tried Aurora and looked at the docs, but I'm still left with some
open questions:

1. Would it possible to subscribe to state change for a given job/task
and receive notifications?

2. Would it possible to set a Pending time-out for tasks that take too
long to be Assigned?

3. Would it possible to have Aurora handle tasks with no resource
constraints?

Thanks,
   Riccardo