aurora-dev mailing list archives

From meghdoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID
Subject Re: JobConfig diff API
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2015 18:43:54 GMT
Isn't this data supposed to be any blob that transparently passes in to the executor through
mesos data blob. Why would we want to impose any sort of format? It could be a binary blob.
Executor writers should be able to move between different schedulers/frameworks without any
rework ideally. This field seems like more like garbage in and garbage out and only understood
by end client and the executor. Scheduler may stay out of it.
If you compute hash and indicate same or different data between 2 job update diff, that may
be reasonable.

My 2 cents.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone