aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Zameer Manji <zma...@apache.org>
Subject Mechanics of Twitter Commons Import
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2015 00:14:50 GMT
Hey,

I would like to inform everyone that there is a review
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/37666/> out that imports the java code we
depend on from Twitter Commons into our tree. The current approach of the
import is a large patch on RB with a description that explains the origin
of the code. The benefits of this approach ensures our commit history
remains linear and easy to bisect. However this approach means that our
repo will not contain the history of these files. Currently I believe there
is no value in preserving history since we do not intend to maintain this
code for a long time and the history of files is easily available on github.

Please +1 or -1 this approach.

--
Zameer Manji