aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Taylor <outtat...@gmail.com>
Subject Containers are always being started with `-c "$MESOS_SANDBOX/null"`
Date Sat, 01 Aug 2015 21:19:55 GMT
Greetings Aurora folks,

I want to get a docker container running on Aurora.

Here is my .aurora file:

> *run_process = Process(*
> *    name="my-app",*
> *    cmdline="sleep 300",**)*
>
> *app_task = Task(*
> *  name = "my-app",*
> *  processes = [run_process],*
> *  resources = Resources(*
> *    cpu = 1,*
> *    disk = 100*MB,*
> *    ram = 512*MB,*
> *  ),**)*
>
> *app_container = Container(*
> *  docker = Docker(*
> *    image = "my-registry:5001/jay/my-app",*
> *    parameters = [*
> *      {*
> *        "name": "env",*
> *        "value": "FOO=BAR",*
> *      },*
> *    ],*
> *  ),**)*
>
> *jobs = [*
> *  Service(*
> *    cluster = "test_cluster",*
> *    environment = "devel",*
> *    role = "web-server",*
> *    name = "my-app",*
> *    instances = 1,*
> *    task = app_task,*
> *    container = app_container,*
> *  ),**]*

My expectation was that the container would be invoked and "sleep 300"
would be run inside (for testing purposes).

However, the task almost immediately starts an endless "flapping penalty"
cycle.

Inspecting one of the failed containers reveals some interesting
information:

*$ sudo docker inspect 1337afaf7331*

*[{*

*    "AppArmorProfile": "",*

*    "Args": [*

*        "-c",*

*        "$MESOS_SANDBOX/null"*

*    ],*

*    "Config": {*

*        "AttachStderr": false,*

*        "AttachStdin": false,*

*        "AttachStdout": false,*

*        "Cmd": [*

*            "-c",*

*            "$MESOS_SANDBOX/null"*

*        ],*

Why is the task launch command "$MESOS_SANDBOX/null"?

I also tried to get one of the examples up
(./src/test/sh/org/apache/aurora/e2e/http/http_example_docker.aurora), but
the task immediately starts flapping and no containers even get created.

How can we get control over the -c command sent to docker?  Alternatively,
if there is some way to prevent the "-c" flag altogether that would work
too since the docker image already has a perfectly fine CMD defined.

Any insight or information would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Best regards,
Jay