aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sweeney <kevi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove dependency on ZooKeeper for leader election?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:03:11 GMT
Unfortunately, speaking to jieyu this is not possible with the current Log
implementation (a follower attempting a write will actually succeed and
invalidate the leader's lock, causing the former leader to fall over). So a
more fruitful approach may be to embed ZooKeeper in Aurora and optionally
use that for leader election instead of an external cluster.