aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joseph Smith <yasumo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Aurora 0.9.0 debs
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2015 23:47:08 GMT
Thinking this through, it’s likely ~okay to require a separate ZooKeeper installation, but
I believe we should point the “example” clusters.json to point to localhost, vs. a ZK
lookup.

In addition, looks like clusters.json is installed via the executor RPM:

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ dpkg -S /etc/aurora/clusters.json
aurora-executor: /etc/aurora/clusters.json

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ sudo apt-get purge aurora-executor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  aurora-executor*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 95 not upgraded.
After this operation, 33.3 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database ... 91983 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing aurora-executor (0.9.0) ...
thermos stop/waiting
Purging configuration files for aurora-executor (0.9.0) …

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ dpkg -S /etc/aurora/clusters.json
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /etc/aurora/clusters.json

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ sudo dpkg -i ./aurora-tools_0.9.0_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 91969 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack ./aurora-tools_0.9.0_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking aurora-tools (0.9.0) over (0.9.0) ...
Setting up aurora-tools (0.9.0) …

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ dpkg -S /etc/aurora/clusters.json
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /etc/aurora/clusters.json

Which we can/should move to the aurora-tools deb. Happy to put these changes in if others
agree!

Thanks,
Joe

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 3:56 PM, Joseph Smith <yasumoto7@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m having an issue connecting to the scheduler via the client after following the
setup steps:

> vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ aurora job status example/vagrant/test/hello
>  INFO] Checking status of example/vagrant/test/hello
>  WARN] Could not connect to scheduler: Failed to connect to Zookeeper within 10 seconds.
>
> If the goal is to provide a “cluster-in-a-box” then I’m a -1. However, if not,
 then because the Aurora specific components are all there, it’s a big +1 from me.

> Thanks for setting this all up!!
>
>> On Aug 27, 2015, at 5:32 PM, Roger Ignazio <rignazio@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 (non-binding). Looking forward to the RPMs too!
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Maxim Khutornenko <maxim@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 (binding).

>>> https://github.com/wfarner/aurora-packaging/tree/wfarner/deb_testing/test/deb/ubuntu-trusty