aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Cohen <jco...@twopensource.com>
Subject Aurora React UI Demo/Prototype
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 23:28:51 GMT
As mentioned during the IRC meeting earlier this week. I spent some time
recently putting together a React-driven UI prototype as a strawman for a
discussion about potentially moving away from Angular for the UI. This
prototype is now available on Github: https://github.com/jcohen/aurora-react
.

As mentioned in the README, the project is very simple. It doesn't actually
talk to the Scheduler and it only contains two pages (of which only one
attempts to render data). It also uses the current UI layout for
convenience. The intention to use it as a way to judge whether this style
of app is preferable to Angular or if we should renew our investment in the
current Angular based UI and pay down the tech debt that it has accrued.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts!

Cheers,

Joshua