aurora-dev mailing list archives

From Zameer Manji <zma...@apache.org>
Subject Forking twitter-commons into our tree
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 19:20:10 GMT
Hey,

Aurora depends heavily on twitter-commons for lots of functionality.
However upstream is not very active and I suspect that it will be less
active in the future. Currently we depend on artifacts published from this
project which causes us to depend on older versions of guava and guice.

As a result, it seems that will be difficult to address tickets like
AURORA-1380 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1380> without
changing something. I propose we fork all of the java portions of
twitter-commons into our tree, remove the parts we don't use and update
guava and guice so we can move forward on this front.

What are people's thoughts on this?

--
Zameer Manji